Chennai Civil Engineers Association is a vibrant body composed of expert professionals in the field of Civil Engineering. The evolution of Chennai, one of the renowned industrial hubs of south India, from an unknown and undeveloped piece of land into a region of phenomenal growth in all the spheres of activity, from textiles companies and colleges to hospitals and SME units, can be attributed to the unceasing and ingenious efforts of this elite Association. It can also be said that the infrastructural history of Chennai cannot be narrated without making important references frequently to this closely knit, knowledge centric Association. As a matter of fact and pride, many of the prominent infrastructures in this city are designed and developed by its members.
CHECEA is founded on the principles of meticulous professionalism, and irreproachable ethical standards. These twin objectives have been guiding forces of it since the day the Association was conceived by its members.
CHECEA believes that in future it has greater role to play and more responsibility to bear in the context of creating infrastructures that will make this city more elegant and more productive, making Chennai the most favourable industrial and residential destination in India.
-  1. CHECEA consists of only engineers and importantly only those professionals who have proven competence in this field,
-  2. The expertise of members is broad and deep, and it ranges from structural , vaastu consultation and building contracting to turnkey contractor assignment, interior decoration, valuation and apartment promotion.
-  3. Major builders and Eminent Civil Engineers of Chennai are members of CHECEA.
MISSION AND VISION
To promote Civil Engineering Excellence with high ethical standards in profession, to enhance the welfare of Civil Engineering community and to provide opportunities for achievements.
Through advancement of Civil Engineering Community,
- 1. Promote and encourage strong professional development.
- 2. Promote the interests of Civil Engineers within Government bodies.
- 3. Promote and expand public perception of Civil Engineers.
- 1. To join hands and to work together for the development of Civil Engineering Society.
- 2. To Bring unity, co-operation, mutual trust and healthy competition among all civil Engineers.
- 3. To educate all Civil Engineers about the latest happenings and latest trends in construction industry with technical lectures / Seminars.
- 4. To deal with Government bodies to control the cost of construction materials.
- 5. To work for Engineer’s welfare.
- 6. To join shoulders with Engineer’s at time of trouble or problems from other agencies.